Translate

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Trillium Trio with WIP


Trillium Trio~5" x 7"




I'm still playing with the trilliums. I also plan to continue experimenting with different palettes. In this painting I added DS Moonglow (just love this color..it mixes with practically everything) to the Phthalo turquoise and perm. yellow left on a previous palette. Moonglow's purple-y/grey served to neutralize the other colors and brought what I consider a slightly old fashioned look to the finished painting. I also used a working drawing and a small amount of misket to save some edges. I'm not particularily happy with the flower on the top left. The angle is too sharp and horizontal and leads the eye off the painting.

This painting was done on #140 HP and I'm still using Kemp's paper prep technique. I like the ability to lift paint on this surface, especially when dealing with white flowers.

2 comments:

Jeanette Jobson said...

This is beautiful BIllie. The soft colours are wonderful. Moonglow....I must remember that next time I order from DS.

And the new look to the blog is stunning. Very clean and crisp.

Billie Crain said...

Thank you, Jeanette. Do try Moonglow. It's great for shadows as well.

I'm glad you like what I've done with the place.:) My poor old blog needed a facelift.