Translate

Saturday, August 12, 2017

The Clarinet Player



Inspired by yet another photo from franklin on PMP here is the clarinet man. The reference photo attracted me for a few reasons. I was also a clarinet player all through high school, in the orchestra and the marching band. I even earned first chair one year which is an honor. Oddly when I graduated I put my clarinet away and never played it again. This painting also goes with a more recent musically themed painting I completed, The Cellist .

I took a few photos of my process as I went along.

I fashioned a 'fabric' for the vest by gluing little triangles of
magazine pages randomly about the area. Tedious to say the least but worth it.






These thumbnails were color studies todetermine my color scheme.

2 comments:

Kay Smith said...

He's really spectacular, Billie, love this one!

Billie Crain said...

Well thanks, Kay!