Translate

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Working on Canvas



Using Ohmyprints Wall App

This is a new surface for me and I'm liking it more than I thought I would. A few years ago I picked up a box of 9"x12" canvases on sale on Jerrys Artarama . I played around with two, then decided I didn't care for the texture of the canvas and so they were all set aside. Recently I've had a change of heart and suddenly find myself excited to have pristine canvases awaiting my brush. This is my first successful painting on canvas and I love the idea that I can simply hang it up. No trip to the framers, no ordering framing supplies...nada. Love that!

I've chosen to do something more creative this time. More from my own imagination and purely decorative. Here I've shown the painting in a home environment using Ohmyprints WallApp . I used heavy and soft body acrylic paint, flexible modeling paste and dried maple leaves.

2 comments:

Kay Smith said...

This is gorgeous, Billie, with the fall theme and rich colors!

Billie Crain said...

Thanks, Kay. :) I'm happy with it, too.