Translate

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Playing with Lines ~ Ladies on a Park Bench


The line portion of my Ladies on a Park Bench(my working title) is complete. I drew and re-drew these ladies so many times I hope I haven't lost that wonderful sense of spontaneity the original ball point pen sketches possessed. I went over the entire drawing with a 05 Micron pen and the finished drawing is approx. 14" x 9". There's a few glitches in some of the perspective( one of my weaker points)but overall I'm happy with the results. I now have my master drawing which I can enlarge, reduce, add background (or not) and tweak however I wish. I plan to try a few variations with different mediums, styles, etc. using my drawing to see what works and what doesn't.

2 comments:

Sam Duvall said...

Your style looks very polished and professional! I think the doggie in the corner is a nice touch.

Billie Crain said...

Thanks, Sam.:) This style is new to me and it's wonderful to get such positive feedback. BTW, I checked out your manga. Well done!