Translate

Friday, April 08, 2011

Peacock Orchids~Complete

SOLD

Finally(!)I'm calling this one done. I did manage to get a better photo of it today but I'm still not entirely happy with the shot. I seem to have problems photographing larger paintings. Not sure why either. Maybe 8 mega pixels isn't enough to capture small details at a greater distance or I need to experiment with the settings. Subtle shading on the white petals was also lost. I'll try to get some closeups to post after my camera batteries recharge.

4 comments:

Stephie Butler said...

This really is so beautiful Billie..All those greens would just scare me..

Billie Crain said...

Thanks, Stephie! Although I know artists seem to fear/avoid green I rarely have a problem with it. Maybe it's because it's my favorite color?

Diana said...

Beautiful! I love the little bug that's a dark spot. My eye rests there for a minute while looking around at the details. Nicely done.

Billie Crain said...

Thank you, Diana! I took the reference photo last summer in my Moon garden when the peacock orchids were in full bloom. I loved the silhouette of the grasshopper, too. I didn't notice it until I uploaded the photos and thought it added a nice touch.