Translate

Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Something Different



A little something different from me. I dreamed this one up...literally. The composition and the colors. I just wish I could get the colors to show true. For those that are familiar with Adirondack's 'Willow' alcohol ink that's the color in the sky, not Pesto green. I hate when these things happen. It's the funky 'Willow' green that makes the painting work IMO. Ah well....

This is another small work...5" x 7" on Yupo. I added some cut paper collage and flexible modeling paste. For the patterns in the white and red areas I painted over the alcohol ink when it was dry with black acrylic paint, then used an old credit card I had notched and dragged that through the wet paint until I was satisfied with the results. Voila! 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Realy like this one :)

Kay Smith said...

this is really nice work, Billie! Love it.

Patty said...

Billie, this is so cute and appealing! I really like it.

Billie Crain said...

Thank you, ladies! This is so not my usual but maybe my subconscious is trying to push me into a new direction. Time will tell.

perugina said...

A very different piece Billie.
Saw the link on Facebook and just had to come across and message you.
Love the thin trees with the geometrical patterns, feels tribal, vibrating life.
The house you made grey.. Is that to suggest wood which no longer vibrates with life?
Yet contains life within.
Fantastico.

suzanneberry said...

This is just perfect Billie!!! So graphically perfect and composed.
I really love this!!!! It going into my inspiration folder!

And thank you so much for your kind words on the bee! how cool that you were
doing one as well!

Billie Crain said...

Hi, Patricia. :) I'm so glad you came for a visit. To tell the truth I haven't really tried to analyze this one yet but now you've given me ideas.

Billie Crain said...

I'm thrilled you like this, Susanne. :) Even more so that I could inspire you!