Translate

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Wildflowers ~ Complete




I just completed this painting and I'm pretty happy with the results. I held myself in check for fear I would add too much or try to go for unneeded detail. After removing the drawing gum it was exciting to see the white Queen Anne's Lace come to life.



Thanks to one of the members on my garden forum I now know this plant is called Bladder campion. It's a very common wildflower in my area and I remember enjoying popping the bladders when I was a kid. They make a satisfying little *snap* when pinched, rather like bubble wrap.

3 comments:

Amal said...

WOW.WOW.WOW.WOW!!!!!! :O


you are talented !!!

Amal said...

please take the time to read my blog and please please leave a comment

If you like what you have read, feel free to leave you email address in the top tool bar to subscribe.

I have just joined and would like to have some support :)

Billie Crain said...

Thank you so much for the wonderful comment, Amal.:) I have read your blog and am your first follower. I'd love to learn more about you. Share more about yourself in your profile. I think your visitors would like that.