Translate

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Pink Lady Slippers~WIP 2

Cropped


I'm still considering this a work in progress even though it looks completed albeit kinda sloppy. I want to experiment further with it to see what effects I can continue to create. I tried various mixtures of greens (both cool and warm), making different marks with the brush, working wet into wet, wet into dry, spraying, etc. I'm wondering if acrylic inks would give me more vibrant colors, possibly using a mixture of both watercolor and ink to achieve the look I'm after. I'd also love to get some metallics into picture.

2 comments:

Jeanette Jobson said...

The colours are amazing in this. The flowers look as if I could touch them.

You never know what you can create til you try. Its only paper, so go for it with whatever you like.

Billie Crain said...

I was pleasantly surprised this turned out as well as it did for a first try, Jeanette! I'm so glad you like it.:)