Translate

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Imagekind Matting and Framing




I recently opened an account with Imagekind and uploaded some macro floral photographs I took this past summer to my new gallery. Today I was experimenting with their online matting and framing feature. For fun, I chose a large print size(32"x 24") of Miss Willmott 1 and decided on Torchon Fine Art for my paper. Next I selected a thin frame in Frosted Silver Arthaus and added an inner mat(2nd mat) of Fiddlehead Green and an outer mat(1st mat) of Digital White. I then selected the mat widths...3'' for the top and sides, 4" on the bottom. I also appreciate the fact that they offer the buyer an idea of the scale of the finished framed piece as it will appear hung on a wall by using a graphic of a woman 5' 4" tall standing next to it for comparison.

2 comments:

Anita said...

Isn't it fun playing around with their framing feature - I could spend hours. Its amazing how different the colours of matting can make a picture look.

Billie Crain said...

i know! the right mat and frame can make a painting sing. the wrong one can ruin it. the virtual option gives you instant gratification and i like that.;)