Translate

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Twinrocker Paper Samples Received
















I just received my samples from Twinrocker Handmade Paper. They sent 81 samples(!) in all, each approx. 3"x 5". I wanted to post a few of my favorites but it was so hard to choose. This is just a small sample of the gorgeous papers they offer. Some are decorative tissues, others more substantial, some very textured and others quite smooth. They even included some crinkled metallics. Where the samples were cut from the edge of the main sheet you can see a deep feathery deckle which I love.
***
The Cripple Creek, Willow Creek and Fifth Avenue samples have an almost flannel-like appearance. Heartland(which I didn't include in my post) is made with bits of corn husks added. It's very subtle and would work beautifully with watercolor. Even though the Midnight Bamboo would NOT work with watercolor this one blew me away. I love it!
***
p.s. my scans don't do these samples justice.

2 comments:

Jeanette Jobson said...

These samples look very interesting Billie. With things like this I sometimes tend to spend more time laying them out and looking at them almost as works of art in their own right, than painting or drawing on them! :)

And I agree, the green and blue Midnight Bamboo is fabulous. I just love the colours in it.

You'll have great fun experimenting with these.

Billie Crain said...

i know what you mean, Jeanette. i keep getting them out and just looking at them. it makes me want to experiment with collage art as some are little pieces of art in themselves. i may have to invest in some acrylics or gouache so i can use the more decorative papers as a background.