Translate

Saturday, July 07, 2012

les compagnons

SOLD

I can't explore a new medium without getting a few cats involved as subjects. This is alcohol ink on Yupo again but this time I added some Micron pen and black permanent marker. Both pen and marker ink will move and blend nicely with a little rubbing alcohol so I was able to soften edges/harsh lines where needed. The violent yellow in the background is actually a soft golden yellow IRL. I've been scanning these small pieces rather than photographing them and scanners tend to blow up certain colors. Unfortunately the photos I took were even worse.

6 comments:

IJrdn said...

Wow, this is so cool. Art works like these had always made me want to become an artist. Unfortunately, I'm not exactly the most creative.

Billie Crain said...

Thanks, lJrdn.:) You'll never know until you try. Then try again. That's how I'm learning.

Krista Hasson said...

very nice Billie, interesting effects from this technique, I really like them

Billie Crain said...

Thank you, Krista.:) This medium is very exciting to work with. Lots of potential for experimentation.

Sharon Whitley said...

not tried this medium - love the effects you are getting, wonderful, great art blog - following!

Billie Crain said...

Hey Sharon! Welcome to my blog. I like all the textures and effects I'm able to create with this medium. The colors are amazingly vibrant as well.