Translate

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Cool Site




The site is called { Design Seeds } (link).  Anyone visiting can open the Palette Search page and create their own color combinations based on a single color. Many times I'm inspired by a certain color rather than a subject and I sometimes struggle with a complimentary palette for that color. 

I'm posting a screen cap of the palette page and have added colored arrows for reference. This nifty little site allows one to recreate their chosen color by adjusting the RGB levels indicated by the black arrows. You may even choose a theme such as Floral,  Edible, etc. (indicated by the green arrow). Fun! Hit 'go get it' which I pointed out with the blue arrow and various complimentary color combinations will appear below. Scroll down to see them all. Maybe you'll find some combinations you never imagined.

6 comments:

Feathers said...

Thanks for sharing this fabulous site! Can't wait to play with it. Have been loving your work with the alcohol inks. Very original things you're creating with it.

Sharon Whitley said...

thanks for the tip - look like fun!

Billie Crain said...

You're welcome, Anita.:) I think this site definitely can be a valuable tool for artists. I go crazy trying to figure things out with color wheels. This makes it so simple. Still lovin' my new inks, that's for sure.

Billie Crain said...

Glad you found the link useful, Sharon.:)

renate said...

Hello Billie:) Wow, amazing! I have already put the blog in my favorites. I'm sure I'm going to use him! Thanks very much for the tip. Great!

Billie Crain said...

Glad you like the site, Renate.:)