Translate

Monday, July 30, 2012

Celebrating the Medium



After trying so many different approaches using the alcohol ink, I wanted to create one piece celebrating the unique qualities of this medium. This painting hopefully showcases just that. For all my experimenting, I have to concede the same results could've been achieved with watercolor or fluid acrylic. Maybe not on Yupo but certainly on paper.

I applied the blending solution to the Yupo, dropped on the inks and simply let it do what it does. I got some lovely movement and colorful blends. I used an alcohol pen filled with blending solution to create the grass blades and the little flowers.

2 comments:

renate said...

Hello Billie:) Quite apart! Love the way the ink went his own way!
The colors are beautiful. Love it:)

Billie Crain said...

Hi Renate and thank you.:) Those lovely blends are created with the Tim Holtz blending solution. I've tried using rubbing alcohol in it's place but I just don't get the same results.