Translate

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Maine Coon Kitten~WIP 2


As you can see, I've completed the eyes and most of the facial detail. Now comes the really fun part. I've begun working with this one in a vertical position, holding my brush further down the handle as an oil painter might, laying in color and washing it down with an atomizer bottle filled with water. This produces the effect of soft, fluffy kitten fur. I plan to go back in with more saturated color to define the stripes better in a few places and also to produce more variation in values. The outermost body and head of the kitten will eventually be defined by the background color.


So far my palette has consisted of FUB, burnt sienna and yellow ochre. FUB and burnt sienna make the best warm darks and diluted(with a touch more FUB added)also produces a wonderful lavendar grey.

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Looking very fluffy Billie!

Billie Crain said...

Good! I'm glad you think so.:) I'm accomplishing my mission. lol