Translate

Friday, April 10, 2009

Lady Slippers~Quick Update


I did two pours last night on this one and it looks like I'll be doing a few more. I let it set overnight and looked at it with fresh eyes today. I see several changes I want to make already. I had a heck of a time deciding on a palette but because I hate wasting paint I used some of the leftover colors from East Meets West. I added Gamboge Hue to the Cad. Yellow Light and Indigo to the Indanthrene Blue. I also replaced the Quin. Rose with Mauve. I splattered, encouraged crawlbacks and generally had my way with this painting. I figured it'll either crash and burn or be beautiful. Only one way to find out...try it! I'm going for a very textural background. Not sure if I'll be adding leaves or not. This one is being planned as I go along. I'm letting the paint tell me what to do.

3 comments:

Jeanette Jobson said...

It looks beautifully cloudy so far Billie. I love the softness and colour. I'd be tempted to almost leave it as is, but I want to see what else you do with it.

Billie Crain said...

Now that you mention it, the background would make good clouds. It's too late though...I already did two more pours. I'm dying to see what I do with this next too, Jeanette. I'm just along for the ride on this one.

Anonymous said...

Lovely beginning Billie. I will enjoy watching your "go with the flow" approach.