Translate

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Watson Loves Flowers




While I was waiting for my son(what would I do without you, James!)to fix my computer, my youngest son and his girlfriend Jamie sent me a photo of Watson, their cat. Watson is one big cuddly sweetheart that obviously enjoys flowers. The photo was taken while I was at their home enjoying Easter dinner and I told them I'd love a copy. All my reference material is online so being without a computer had left me high and dry. Maybe I should consider painting plein air afterall? Anyway, it's been ages since I've done a graphite piece so I started doodling and this was the result. I ran out of steam drawing all that fur and all those flowers so I've decided to put this aside for the time being. I only wish I had chosen better paper but I grabbed the first pad I found. I'm sure I'll come back to this at some point because it needs some tweaking. And WOW...I had forgotten how labor intensive a detailed drawing can be!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This drawing looks great Billie, I hope you finish it soon.

Mike

P.S. How the prints for the cat on the moon coming?

Billie Crain said...

Hi, Mike! I haven't gotten to the printers yet but I'm planning on it soon. Be patient with me. I'm Spring cleaning. What a nightmare!

Btw, glad you like Watson.:)