Translate

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Disposable Palettes




Remember that stack of styrofoam plates I bought to make stamps? Well, I switched to recycled styrofoam meat trays for my stamp making needs because they're thicker. So what to do with all those plates. I found out they make the best disposable palettes! Even better, when leftover paint dries on the plates I can stack them (dried paint and all) out of the way. Whenever I need a color, I can browse through the stack and usually find it. Why didn't I think of this sooner?

4 comments:

Jeanette Jobson said...

Great idea! I use them in workshops as disposable palettes for participants and as they come in all sizes,even bowls, they're really useful and not expensive.

Billie Crain said...

I don't use paper plates for their intended purpose so this never occurred to me before, Jeanette. I'm just happy I found a good use for all of them.

Feathers said...

Great idea! Finding a new use for something you already have (and not using) is, (as Martha would say) a good thing. :-)

Billie Crain said...

I love to re-purpose things, Anita. I felt rather smug when I came up with this idea.:D