Translate

Thursday, March 23, 2017

Greeting Cards



Two of my latest greeting cards for personal use. I love being able to do this for friends and family. This style is something I've seen and admired on Facebook and Pinterest and it's fairly easy to do. In this case I used Yupo rather than paper so there would be no buckling. I laid down a layer of indigo fluid acrylic with a sponge roller. When it was dry several small stencils and a few homemade stamps were used to cover the entire surface with patterns using 3-4 harmonious colors of fluid acrylic. I used white chalk to outline my subjects and filled in the surrounding areas with more acrylic, this time in a solid color. After the basic designs were in place I went back in to tweak and clean up. Voila!

4 comments:

Kay Smith said...

These are very nice, Billie! Love the designs.

Unknown said...

so beautiful :)

Billie Crain said...

Thanks, Kay. :)

Billie Crain said...

Thank you, Cecile. :)