Translate

Monday, November 08, 2010

A Couple of Hot Chicks~WIP




I was going through some photos I took this past summer of my friends' chickens and found a good candidate for a painting. Chickens can be incredibly funny sometimes. I was snapping shots of an Isa Brown hen when another hen decided she wanted to get into the picture, too. I still have the chicken wire to paint, the Isa Brown to finish and more work on the background in general. I didn't plan a background beforehand this time. Sometimes I let the main subject/subjects dictate that for me. I'd rather not make it too busy and draw attention away from these two 'hot chicks'.

2 comments:

rachelsstudio.com said...

Love the delicate colors in the front chicken. I'm trying to get a bit more delicate with my watercolors : )

Billie Crain said...

Personally I love your bold use of color, Rachel. I just visited your blog and your work is wonderful.