Translate

Thursday, January 19, 2017

January ~ mixed media & collage



I've titled this one 'January' because it was inspired by the view outside my living room window this month. Icy, drippy, chilly and truly 50 shades of grey. It's a combo of homemade and purchased decorative papers, silver leaf and acrylic on HP watercolor paper. I used a mixture of tissue paper and gesso for texture. It didn't scan well but it's impossible to get a good photo because the days are so dark and silver leaf is tricky. I've already got a start on my next collage and this one will be 'warmer'.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

great work Billy ! :)
I am so happy you have gone over to creating Mixed Media :) There is somuch to discover in it.Welcome to MM bro :)

Billie Crain said...

LOL Yes, I've come over to your side at last, Cecile. Thank you for the welcome.:)