Translate

Monday, February 02, 2015

February



Sorry I've been MIA for so long. Having lung issues again among other things this winter and I haven't felt at all creative. I'm so tired of opening my blog to see the New Years clipart so I'm posting a couple colored pencil portraits I did about 6-7 years ago. I was asked to join a 5 day challenge on Facebook recently so I dug these out of some old files to honor that challenge. The goal was to post 3 pieces of artwork every day for 5 days. Each day another artist had to be named to do same and so on. It caught on and produced a steady stream of fabulous work in the FB newsfeed which is still running! I enjoyed participating and got to discover some talent I may never have otherwise.  

7 comments:

Pat said...

So sorry to read you've not been well.
Wish you better so you can paint again xx

Billie Crain said...

Thanks, Pat. I'd love to get back at the easel, too. I'm improving but it's taking time. I hate being sick. :(

Katherine Harra said...

Just not fair to have to endure winter AND bad health at the same time. I hope you start feeling better really soon. Glad you managed to join in on the challenge: nice that it didn't involve doing NEW work!

Katherine Harra said...

It's not fair to have to tolerate winter AND suffer bad health at the same time. Especially when I know you'd like to feel like an artist again. I'm glad you were able to participate in the challenge: wasn't it nice to have something that allowed us to wallow in our past successes?

Billie Crain said...

I couldn't agree more. I dislike winter to begin with and now that it's effecting my health it makes me dread it. I'm so tired of feeling crappy and I miss feeling creative so much. I will admit, it was fun to look back on past projects.

Unknown said...

great drawings ! please try a[[;e cider vinegar each morning. it does a world of good to my health

;pve
cecile

Billie Crain said...

Thank you, Cecile. :) I have used vinegar as a tonic many years ago. Maybe it's time to give it another go, huh?