Translate

Sunday, September 07, 2014

Alcohol Ink & Collage



I created a background with alcohol ink on Yupo, then added a small stacked paper collage of amate and Lokta paper with a photo image on top much like the cherry on top a parfait. I selected a photo I took of my Spring anemones, cropped a single blossom from the bunch, greyscaled it and printed it out on photo paper. Then I went over the image with more alcohol ink to tone it. I would've gotten more daring if my format wasn't so small (3 1/2" x 5 1/2") but I didn't want to cover the background completely. I wish the scanner would've captured the colors better but photos turned out much worse. This is really more of a color story than anything else.   

2 comments:

Feathers said...

I love dropping in to see what you're doing now--Lots of experimentation- a good thing--looks like you're being successful and having lots of fun!
Anita.

Billie Crain said...

Yup, I'm still trying new things, Anita. That why I never get bored. ;)