Translate

Friday, August 29, 2014

Back to the Inks



Last night I cut myself a few 5" x 7" pieces of Yupo and played with my Adirondack alcohol inks. Here are some of my results. They are simple little abstracts and it felt so good to let the inks loose and let them do what they do. No plan, just play. Seems I usually wind up with a lot of tree shapes emerging or maybe I see trees in almost every abstract. I do like to add inks that have more open time like Pitch Black or one of the mixatives. Then I can manipulate them with a bamboo skewer or some other tool before they are too dry.

4 comments:

Dawnie401 said...

Love your latest alcohol ink paintings. There is so much freedom and flowing of the inks just beautiful.

Billie Crain said...

Thank you, Dawnie! I think these inks are at their best when they are allowed to do their own thing.

Unknown said...

LOVE these Billie... Great job

Billie Crain said...

Welcome to my blog, Brindle. :) Thhak you!