Translate

Thursday, May 01, 2014

Sea Turtle 2 ~ complete



Once again, I can't seem to adjust the colors so you can see the turquoise without screwing up the other hues. It still appears too blue. Try to imagine the water the same color as the sample swatch I posted prior and there you'll have it. It's also really hard to recreate a painting in watercolor. I thought it might be interesting to see how I've advanced since the first version was painted but watercolor still has a mind of it's own it seems. There were many happy 'accidents' that occurred the first time around that were simply not gonna happen again. Ever try to recreate a happy accident? Forget about it. 

4 comments:

Katherine Harra said...

I didn't see the swatch, and I didn't see the first version of this, but I love this one. The colors - and especially the water's colors - are clear and enticing. Even if you didn't have happy accidents, looks like you didn't have any unhappy ones. Excellent.

Billie Crain said...

You are too kind, Katherine. :) I should've posted the first version for comparison but truthfully, I thought my first painting was better!

Unknown said...

This painting is so beautiful, it inspired me to try the same subject. Thank you for the inspiration!

Billie Crain said...

I'm so glad I was able to inspire you, Pat. :) Sea turtles are wonderful subjects.