Notice the title change? All the sisters have been discussing the final title for this family portrait and Holly won with 'Sweet Tea'. Congratulations, Holly!
This is also the final sketch (hopefully). I'm pleased with it but I will probably get some feedback as most of the women represented in this portrait are watching my progress via this blog.
Each little girl is represented by something she is either associated with now (as an adult) or as a child.
- Angie - the oldest at 12. She was the 'little mother' so she sits at the head of the table and pours the tea. She also loves grapes hence the bowl of grapes in front of her.
- Marie - 11 years old. One of the family artists so she wields the paint brush.
- Rita - 10 years of age. She loves bangles and necklaces and as a child, was the one that brought smiles and laughter to the others.
- Louise - age 9. She is represented as smiling and happy with bouquets of flowers.
- Holly - age 8. She was very close to Louise as a young child so she sits, picking flowers for her. There's a funny story behind the dragonfly on her hat but that will be left as a private joke.
- Katherine - age 6. She was the littlest because of health issues so she gets the most cookies.
- Eva - age 5. Poor little thing is trying to say grace at a tea party!
- Melinda, the baby - Hand on the cat. What baby doesn't like the feel of cat 'purr'?
- The Cat - This kitty will eventually become a tuxedo cat. Black with a white 'bib'.