Translate

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Dead Leaves & Walnut Ink

4/1/2012
I did a little tweaking. I warmed this up with a wash of Quin. gold deep and added some Lumiere Super Copper fluid acrylic.
It's now titled 'Fall-en'

I got out my homemade walnut ink yesterday and some dry leaves I had saved from last Fall. I coated the back of the leaves with masking fluid, then using the mask coated leaves as stamps, I pressed them onto my paper. I had to work fast or the leaves would stick. After the masking was dry, I did my first pour. Next I removed the first masking, did another stamping and then another pour. When the last of the mask was removed I added some phthalo turquoise watercolor and gold metallic fluid acrylic. The result is a bit on the abstract side but I think it evokes a feeling of dry forest floor, possibly tree bark. Anyway, I like it!

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

You're on to something here for sure Billie. I like it a lot!

The colours are subtle and that blue/turquoise works perfectly.

Great stuff!

Billie Crain said...

Thanks, Jeanette.:) I don't have any cool stamps so I hatched this idea. I made the ink and had no idea what to do with it. It all came together yesterday. I like the blue, too. Lots of brown need some blue to break it up, IMO.